- Hilliard Lyons Names Thomas Kessinger President
- Hilliard Lyons Financial Consultants Named to Financial Times' Top 400 Advisers List
- Hilliard Lyons advisors ranked on top advisors list - The Lane Report
- Hilliard Lyons Advisors Ranked on Top Advisors List
- Saving for Your Children’s Future
- Tony Backert Named to 2016 Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Plan Advisers
- Ten Topics to Discuss with Your 18-Year-Old
- Tax Center
- Hilliard Lyons Advisors Claim Two of Kentuckys Top Twelve Spots on Prestigious List
- Solid financial planning can help investors weather any economic storm
- Long-term care options are broader than you think – if you act in time
- Robo-advisors provide a starting point for investing, but be wary of their limitations
- Leave a legacy through careful business succession planning
- Five basic documents you need in your estate plan – even with limited assets
- Making the Case for Higher Academic Standards
- Upgraded version of Hilliard.com is live
- Edgy Shark Tank co-host coming to Louisville
- Hilliard Lyons enlists Wharton School to train its advisers
- Some Windows XP users can no longer access HL Online
- JCPS educators celebrated in awards ceremony
- HL client a Plan Sponsor of the Year finalist
- Jim Allen discusses changes in the financial-services industry
- Hilliard Lyons Officials Talk Death and Taxes
- Hilliard Lyons Expands Trust Operations
- Two HL Equity Research Analysts Win 2013 StarMine Awards
- CEO James Allen Honored for Leadership in Education
- Hilliard Lyons Creates Teacher Excellence Awards
- Four Hilliard Lyons Advisors Named to FT400
- Business Owner Services in the Spotlight
- Hilliard Lyons Acquires the Assets of Great Lakes Capital Markets
- Business First Reporter Kevin Eigelbach Catches Up with CEO Jim Allen
- Hilliard Lyons Wins Governor's Award in the Arts
Hilliard Lyons Financial Consultants Named to Financial Times' Top 400 Advisers List
Hilliard Lyons announces that two of its Financial Consultants, both in Kentucky, have been named to the Financial Times “400 Top Financial Advisers” for 2017. Pete Mahurin, a Financial Consultant in its Bowling Green office, and Mitch Settle, a Financial Consultant in its Owensboro office, were named.
Mahurin and Settle are among the elite advisors at national, independent, regional, and bank broker-dealers across the United States. The average FT 400 advisor has 27 years’ experience and manages $1.7 billion in assets. This is the fifth year that the Financial Times has compiled this list; only four Kentucky advisors were named.
Within Hilliard Lyons, both Mahurin and Settle are Senior Vice Presidents and members of the firm’s CEO Council (reserved for the top 1% of producers). They and their teams offer financial planning, retirement planning, and estate planning for businesses and individuals.
Pete Mahurin has worked for the firm since 1968. He serves as Chairman of HL Financial Services, LLC, which is Hilliard Lyons’ parent company. He also serves on the board of Houchens Industries and on the boards of three Kentucky banks. He has distinguished himself as Hilliard Lyons’ #1 producer several times.
Mitch Settle was named to the FT 400 for the third time in 2017. He serves on board of First Security Bank, Kentucky Wesleyan College, and The George Greenwell Charitable Foundation.
About the rankings: To be considered, nominees needed at least 10 years of experience and $300 million in assets under management in the largest U.S. broker-dealers. Qualified advisors were scored on assets under management (AUM), AUM growth rate, years of experience, advanced industry credentials, online accessibility, and compliance records. The award does not evaluate the quality of services provided to clients and is not indicative of this advisor’s future performance. Neither the advisors nor their firms pay a fee to the Financial Times in exchange for inclusion in the FT 400.
More about Hilliard Lyons: Founded in 1854 and operating more than 70 offices in 12 states, Hilliard Lyons (www.hilliard.com) focuses on creat¬ing, preserving, and distributing clients’ wealth. The firm specializes in planning issues that include education funding, business succession, retirement, and trusts and estates – to advise clients through life’s financial challenges.
J.J.B. Hilliard, W.L. Lyons, LLC is a member of the New York Stock Exchange, FINRA, and SIPC.