- Hilliard Lyons Names Thomas Kessinger President
- Hilliard Lyons Financial Consultants Named to Financial Times' Top 400 Advisers List
- Hilliard Lyons advisors ranked on top advisors list - The Lane Report
- Hilliard Lyons Advisors Ranked on Top Advisors List
- Saving for Your Children’s Future
- Tony Backert Named to 2016 Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Plan Advisers
- Ten Topics to Discuss with Your 18-Year-Old
- Tax Center
- Hilliard Lyons Advisors Claim Two of Kentuckys Top Twelve Spots on Prestigious List
- Solid financial planning can help investors weather any economic storm
- Long-term care options are broader than you think – if you act in time
- Robo-advisors provide a starting point for investing, but be wary of their limitations
- Leave a legacy through careful business succession planning
- Five basic documents you need in your estate plan – even with limited assets
- Making the Case for Higher Academic Standards
- Upgraded version of Hilliard.com is live
- Edgy Shark Tank co-host coming to Louisville
- Hilliard Lyons enlists Wharton School to train its advisers
- Some Windows XP users can no longer access HL Online
- JCPS educators celebrated in awards ceremony
- HL client a Plan Sponsor of the Year finalist
- Jim Allen discusses changes in the financial-services industry
- Hilliard Lyons Officials Talk Death and Taxes
- Hilliard Lyons Expands Trust Operations
- Two HL Equity Research Analysts Win 2013 StarMine Awards
- CEO James Allen Honored for Leadership in Education
- Hilliard Lyons Creates Teacher Excellence Awards
- Four Hilliard Lyons Advisors Named to FT400
- Business Owner Services in the Spotlight
- Hilliard Lyons Acquires the Assets of Great Lakes Capital Markets
- Business First Reporter Kevin Eigelbach Catches Up with CEO Jim Allen
- Hilliard Lyons Wins Governor's Award in the Arts
Tony Backert Named to 2016 Financial Times 401 Top Retirement Plan AdvisersThe list recognizes the top financial advisers who specialize in serving defined contribution (DC) retirement plans.
Hilliard Lyons is pleased to announce that Tony Backert, a Senior Vice President and Financial Consultant in its Hurstbourne office in Louisville, has been named to the 2016 edition of the Financial Times “401 Top Retirement Plan Advisers.” The list recognizes the top financial advisers who specialize in serving defined contribution (DC) retirement plans.
This is the second annual FT 401 list, produced independently by the Financial Times in collaboration with Ignites Research, an FT subsidiary that provides business intelligence on asset management. This is also the second time Mr. Backert was named to this prestigious list – the only professional in Kentucky to be named in either 2015 or 2016.
Financial advisers from across the broker-dealer and RIA channels who met a set minimum of requirements applied for consideration. The applicants were then graded on seven criteria:
- DC assets under management
- DC AUM growth rate
- Specialization in DC plans
- Years of experience
- DC plan participation rate
- Advanced industry credentials
- Compliance record.
Neither advisors nor their firms pay a fee to Financial Times in exchange for inclusion in the FT 401.
Once again, the final FT 401 represents a cohort of elite advisers: The “average” adviser in this year’s FT 401 has 18 years of experience advising DC plans and manages $950 million in DC plan assets. The FT 401 advisers hail from 41 states and Washington, D.C., and DC plans on average account for 74% of their assets under management.
To access the full, 12-page special report, including the list of FT 401 advisors, please click here.