In November of 2018, Hilliard Lyons announced that it had agreed to merge with Baird, a global financial services firm with Midwestern roots. Founded in 1919 on shared values of honesty and integrity, Baird is an international, employee-owned wealth management, asset management, investment banking/capital markets, and private equity firm with $217 billion in client assets. The two firms expect their consolidation to be completed later in 2019.
Baird Recognized on Fortune’s 2019 100 Best Companies To Work For List
Baird has been named to FORTUNE magazine’s 2019 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, ranking No. 16. Baird, a 100-year-old employee-owned, international financial services firm, has been honored on the list for 16 consecutive years.
The 100 Best list is an annual ranking of the top workplaces based on survey feedback representing more than 4.3 million employees, with respondents rating their workplace culture on 60-plus elements of the workplace. These include trust in managers, compensation, fairness, camaraderie and workplace traits linked to innovation. The ranking accounted for the experiences of all employees including women, people of color, LGBT individuals, older team members, and disabled employees.
“Our commitment to creating a workplace environment of trust, respect and teamwork enables our associates to partner with the best in the industry and thrive,” said Steve Booth, Baird President & CEO. “As we celebrate Baird’s 100th anniversary this year, we know how important a great workplace is to our ongoing success, and we are honored to be recognized for 16 consecutive years.”
Here is FORTUNE’s description of Baird:
- That’s responsive! At a recent panel discussion at this employee-owned financial services firm, a question from the audience about parental leave policies led to a more generous policy within 10 weeks—including retroactive benefits. Millennial reverse-mentoring helps keep senior management connected to its younger counterparts.
- Baird’s Millennial Masters Mentoring program was also featured in a sidebar article: “How Baird Learns From Millennials on Staff.”
- “Being a great workplace goes hand-in-hand with our commitment to being an independent and employee-owned firm,” said Paul Purcell, Chairman of Baird. “We are able to attract and retain the best people who enable us to fulfill our mission of providing the best financial advice and service to our clients.”
- By attracting and retaining top talent and through its balanced platform of five strategic businesses, Baird has achieved significant success year-over-year. Revenues in 2018 were $1.78 billion, the ninth consecutive year of record results, and client assets entrusted to Baird exceeded $212 billion.
- “The 2019 100 Best are the leaders in creating the most innovative workplaces built on trust,” said Michael C. Bush, CEO of Great Place to Work. “Employees at these organizations feel valued, respected and heard, and are inspired to be their best selves because of the commitment these winning companies have made to creating a great workplace for all employees, no matter who they are or what they do for the company.”
To read more about Baird’s workplace attributes, see the Great Place to Work Institute’s review of Baird.
Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2019, Baird is an employee-owned, international wealth management, asset management, investment banking/capital markets, and private equity firm with offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Baird has approximately 3,500 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients and $212 billion in client assets as of Dec. 31, 2018. Baird is the marketing name of Baird Financial Group. Baird’s principal operating subsidiaries are Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated in the United States and Robert W. Baird Group Ltd. in Europe. Baird also has an operating subsidiary in Asia supporting Baird’s investment banking and private equity operations. For more information, please visit Baird’s website at www.rwbaird.com.
About The FORTUNE 100 Best Companies To Work For®
Great Place to Work based its ranking on a data-driven methodology applied to anonymous Trust Index™ survey responses representing the view of more than 4.3 million employees at Great Place to Work-Certified organizations with more than 1,000 employees. To learn more about Great Place to Work Certification and recognition on Best Workplaces lists published with FORTUNE, visit Greatplacetowork.com.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work® is a global people analytics and consulting firm that helps companies produce better business results by focusing on workplace culture. Powered by more than 30 years of research, Emprising®, its SaaS-enabled survey and analytics platform, gives companies access to the assessments, data, and reporting needed to build a high-trust, high-performance culture.
For additional information, contact:
Baird Public Relations