During the internship, students are given the opportunity to learn about:
- Wealth management, financial markets and Investments
- Planning, control and measurement systems
- Administrative/financial policies and procedures
- Hilliard Lyons' mission, philosophy and culture
Candidates must hold the following qualifications:
- Current college student at an accredited college
- Completion of a minimum of one year of study at an accredited college
- Minimum of a 2.5 grade point average
- Letter of recommendation from a college instructor
- Completion of all application procedures and satisfactory background checks
The Hilliard Lyons' Internship Program is structured as follows:
- Eight to twelve week program depending on individual college and branch/department schedules (extended placement may occur if dictated by course requirements).
- Placement in a branch/department which meets career objectives and company needs.
- Assignment of a preceptor within the branch/department to offer guidance and structure on-the-job training projects.
- Final evaluation completed by both intern and preceptor.
- Interns are not eligible for benefits and are paid an hourly wage.
If interested, please mail a cover letter and resume to:
Hilliard Lyons, Human Resources - Internships
500 West Jefferson Street, Suite 700, Louisville, KY 40202.