Investment Strategy Overview
Our Large Cap Equity strategy invests in companies with sustainable competitive advantages and compelling valuations with the perspective of a long-term business owner. We seek companies that are industry leaders operated by skilled and shareholder-friendly managers to provide consistent revenue and earnings growth. We evaluate each company’s growth prospects and appropriate value. Given our long-term perspective, earnings growth has the opportunity to compound and portfolio turnover is low. Client portfolios are constructed with 25 to 30 companies. We seek to stay fully invested to capture the superior returns associated with equity investing.
- Employs a consistent, disciplined approach that focuses on high-quality companies with competitive advantages that are distinctive and not easily replicated
- Seeks companies that are industry leaders operated by skilled and shareholder-friendly managers to provide consistent per share earning and cash flow growth. These companies include the following characteristics:
- A strong management team
- A sustainable competitive advantage
- Proven earnings performance over a full market cycle
- Solid balance sheets
- Superior cash flow
- Seeks to continuously reduce risk by only purchasing companies at compelling prices, which may increase both return potential and the margin of safety
- Constructed with 25 to 30 companies, distilled from the universe of 500 companies in the benchmark
- Portfolio turnover is low, with a 5-year average of 6%, which leads to a tax efficient strategy
- Portfolio characteristics have shown lower volatility than the equity markets overall
View performance history and important disclosures by downloading the HLTC Large Cap Equity Strategy Brochure and Fact Sheet.
HLTC Large Cap Equity Strategy